15th Annual Juried Art Show
Call for Artists
Images Art Gallery invites you to apply to their 15th Annual Juried Show. This is an opportunity to display your work in our downtown Overland Park Images Art Gallery and compete for a one of many awards.
1) Best of Show: $500, presented by Overland Park Friends of the Arts
3) First Place Photography $ 200 / First Place Painting/Drawing / Other 2-D $200 / First Place 3D $200
3) Second Place Photography $150 / Second Place Painting/Drawing / Other 2-D $150 / Second Place 3D $150
3) Gift Certificates for Honorable Mention winners in each category.
No artist will be eligible for more than one award.
Meet the Juror
Andrew Helt has been on staff as a Fine Art Consultant at the Rice Gallery of Fine Art since 2005. In that time he has co-curated an average of five fine art exhibitions per year in addition to marketing, selling, and installing original fine art throughout the Kansas City area and beyond.
In addition to his daily gallery duties, he also serves the local arts community by organizing and planning special community art events, exhibitions and festivals for charitable and/or community organizations, most notably the annual Stems Plein Air Paint.
Artists age 18 and over are eligible to enter the exhibition.
Art work accepted into any of IMAGES’ past juried shows is not eligible for this show.
Media & Specifications
Only works in acrylic, oil, water media, pastel, drawing, original print-making, mixed-media, photography, fiber, sculpture, jewelry and ceramics are eligible.
No art piece can exceed a height or width of 4 feet.
Sculptures must be independently stable.
All 2-D work must be framed (except for canvas with wrapped sides) and wired for hanging. The gallery hanging system cannot accommodate saw tooth hangers,
Each work must be original and clearly labeled on the back with artist’s name, address, phone, title of work, media, and price.
May 17: Entry form submission or postmark deadline
June 7: Notice of acceptance posted on website and acceptance emails
July 12 and 13: Delivery of works from noon - 4:00 pm
July 19: Opening Reception 6:00 - 9:00 pm with awards announcement at 7:00 pm
August 10: Pick up works from noon - 4:00 pm
How to Enter
All Submission Forms must be accompanied with payment and digital images.
Here are the 3 ways to enter:
1. Go to our online Submission Form and complete online forms and pay through Pay Pal. (this is the easiest method)
2. Bring to Images Art Gallery located at 7320 W. 80th Street, Overland Park, KS 66204 a completed copy of the Submission Form, digital image of art being considered along with cash, credit card payment or check to Images Art Gallery.
3. Mail a copy of the completed Submission Form to: Images Art Gallery, 7320 W. 80th Street, Overland Park, KS 66204 and include a digital file of the images you wish to enter along with payment. No entries will be considered without payment.
4. Printable Submission form can found here: (form is temporarily unavailable)
Submission of digital files must accompany a submission form and payment at the time of entry.
Digital file must be in JPG format with longest dimension no more than 1700 pixels and no larger than 5MB.
If submitting via CD: files must be named identical to the original artwork title. The CD must be clearly labeled with artist’s name and title of each entry. No CD’s will be returned.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
$35 for up to three entries
$50 for up to five entries
A maximum of five entries per applicant is allowed. Fee payment does not guarantee entry into the show.
All artwork must be for sale. Artists will receive 70% on any piece sold. No change to prices stated on entry form is permitted. All artwork must be hand delivered and picked up on the appropriate dates. All work must remain in the exhibition until show has ended.
Images Art Gallery assumes permission to use selected artwork for publicity purposes.
It is understood that Images Art Gallery assumes no responsibility for artworks on display. Images Art Gallery will exercise reasonable caution in handling and showing of artworks. Entry into the show constitutes agreement with this understanding.
Any work left 30 days after the close of the show becomes the property of Images Art Gallery.